Monday, April 21, 2008
Home At Last....
So we're finally home for awhile. After a whirlwind two weeks of being on the road for various family events (a death, a birth, a memorial dedication) and my surgery, etc., we're finally coming back to the roost to wind down and get back in the groove. Our latest little jaunt was to honor DH's grandfather in Tennessee, followed by a quick trip up to KY to see my new nephew. He is too cute! Then we decided yesterday that instead of staying one more night on the road, we'd just make the whole trip in one day to get home. And I have to say, the mini was an absolute gem in the car for the whole trip. Not the first meltdown. She had a nice 2+-hour nap, followed by self-entertainment, then dinner and a movie for the last part of the trip. And then when the movie was over, she promptly laid her head to the side in her car seat and went to sleep for the night. This was possibly the easiest car trip we've had since her birth! Today, since it is such a rainy day, I think she might get to go to her very first in-theatre movie as a reward for her awesomeness. "Horton Hears a Who" is still playing at the theatre down the street and I've been wanting to take her. I think today may be the day. Anyway, we got in just before midnight last night and we're planning to stay put for awhile. Can I just comment on how wonderful it is to sleep in your own bed?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome back!!
Trust me I totally know how wonderful it is to sleep in you own bed!!!!
Post a Comment