Sunday, January 13, 2008

She Loves Us....Or Maybe Not?

It's a good thing when your 3-year-old looks you right in the eye and says "You need to go away some more, MommyDaddy," right? Let me give you the backstory. About 15 minutes ago, DH and I got back from a movie to find our daughter dressed up like Tinker Bell and doing pirouettes in the front hall. She apparently had been having such a good time with the new babysitter that she didn't want it to end. Thus the aforementioned line about us going away. The kicker to this is that we've never used this babysitter before - the mini met her for the first time at 3:30 this afternoon, shortly before we left. I know her mom and that she's trustworthy, of course, but come on! How was I supposed to know that she would claim my daughter's affections to the extent that she wants me to stay gone? How is this fair? Isn't she supposed to love me more than the babysitter? I guess I have two options at this point: 1)let her adopt the mini as long as I get weekend visitation, or 2)never ever go out again unless I take the mini with me. Now that I think about it, weekends sound like a pretty good idea....

No comments: