Monday, February 4, 2008

A Cut Above...

The mini's hair is a very fine texture, and so stick-straight, that I have trouble doing anything with it. I've been trying to be patient and let it grow, but it stays in her eyes since she won't let me keep barrettes or elastics in it on a regular basis. Even when I do get something in there, I'm lucky if she leaves it alone for 30 minutes. So I broke down on Saturday and cut her hair. Myself. On the kitchen island... I'm definitely not what anyone could call a hair stylist, but I just can't stomach the thought of paying someone else $30 to cut her hair. Heck, I can barely stand the thought of paying someone else $30 (or more) to cut MY hair! Anyhow, I think it looks okay, a little uneven, but not too bad. It's also a little shorter than I was hoping for, but it's hair, so it'll grow. And school pictures were last week, so I don't have to worry about it looking bad for that. Speaking of school, maybe I should go back to school for a cosmetician license so I can do a better job next time...


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Meredith is TOO cute and I love her hair! You did a great job! How old is she???