Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Baby Boy Nursery
So we're trying to come up with decor for a baby boy that isn't too "themey" but will incorporate a little bit of Mickey Mouse. We bought drawer knobs at Disney World in 2001 that are a bunch of the Mickey characters and want to use them in this nursery. So I was thinking, why not red? The room that is going to become the nursery is already a red, so I consider it already primed. I'd change the color by a couple of shades, but still keep the red and maybe do half the wall in wainscoting just so I don't overwhelm the little guy. And I'm thinking that I'll paint all the trim/wainscoting in an antique creamy white/beige instead of stark, bright white. Then I can accessorize with dark blues and stong yellow golds in the bedding, etc. That sounds like a boy room, doesn't it? What do you think? Has anyone else ever done a red nursery? Am I totally insane?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think it sounds great! masculine and something you could keep for longer than pale sponge painted blue like on DS's walls. As a recent Disney World visitor, I think it sounds like a great idea!
What color is the Mini's room?
I have not done a red nursery but I think it would be good for a boy. We picked a pale grayish blue for Griffin's room so it wasn't so baby blue. Now it is accented with navy blue furniture and red accents too with a madras plaid quilt. So I think red is always good for boys.
Just found your blog via Carrie or Amanda's...can't remember which one. :) Anyhow, my siter-in-law did a red nursery for my nephew a couple of years ago along with Pottery Barn Kid's alphabet bedding. It turned out really well.
Post a Comment